The International Budget Partnership (IBP) is based at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington, DC. The IBP provides a range of services to help non-profit organizations in developing and transition countries to analyze and influence public budgets. The IBP is seeking an Events Coordinator (exempt post) to join the administrative team that supports and assists all IBP programs. The Events Coordinator will report to the Director of Operations.
- Lead in organizing of logistical and administrative arrangements for international and occasional domestic meetings, trainings, and workshops organized by IBP. This includes travel, visa, and transportation arrangements for participants; hotel accommodations for participants and staff; interpretation; venue, equipment and meals and refreshments for the duration of the meeting, training and/or workshop.
- Negotiate with vendors and service providers to supply key services associated with participant travel, accommodations, and all logistical requirements for international meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Draft contracts for all vendors and service providers that clearly detail what services are to be provided, where, at what costs, and payment schedules.
- Manage and maintain electronic and paper archives of contracts relating to vendors and service providers for the various international meetings, trainings and conferences that IBP organizes.
- Ensure payments to all vendors and service providers are made as contracted.
- Prepare cost estimates for events being considered, as may be requested.
- Reconcile the monthly payments to the Business Travel Account within deadlines specified.
- Develop a database for information on vendors and service providers.
- Contribute to and manage database for vendors and service providers with the IBP constituent relationship management (CRM) database (now under construction).
- Participate on a regular basis in IBP and CBPP staff meetings.
Skills and requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in event/meeting organizing, administration and management, including overseas meetings and/or those that have involved international participants
- At least 3 years of administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to carry out multiple administrative tasks with ease and efficiency
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines, accomplish work on schedule, and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Detail oriented, well organized and flexible
- Experience working with at least one type of CRM software
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Interest in international development is a plus
- Working knowledge of at least one foreign language is a plus
Salary: Commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including two health and dental insurance options, life and long term disability insurance, retirement, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules
To apply: Send a resumé and cover letter via email to Butler-Norris@cbpp.org. Please indicate “Event Coordinator –IBP” in the subject line of your email. Resumés will be accepted until the position is filled.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS. The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: The posts on the IMF PFM Blog should not be reported as representing the views of the IMF. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy.