Job Offer: Position in the INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat, INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI)
The IDI announces a new position in the Secretariat for the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation. The position is temporary until end of 2015 with the possibility of an extension.
The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation was established in 2009 by INTOSAI (the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions) and 15 Donors to intensify and strengthen work to support to Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) in developing countries. This entails a more strategic approach to capacity building of SAIs, improving the coordination and increasing the levels of support to SAIs from development partners.
The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation is governed by a Steering Committee comprising representatives of INTOSAI and the Donor community. The Steering Committee decided in February 2010 that the IDI, located in Oslo, Norway, should host the INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat. The INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat is funded by Austria, Ireland and Norway and currently staffed with four positions/3,5 full time equivalents (one of whom is provided through a rolling secondment arrangement with the Office of the Auditor General of Norway). In February 2012 the IDI, in collaboration with its funding donors, decided to recruit one additional full time international staff member.
The IDI is the capacity building secretariat of INTOSAI and works to strengthen SAIs in developing countries. Of INTOSAI’s 190 members, a vast majority are SAIs of Low Income or Lower Middle Income countries.
Following its establishment in 2010, the INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat carried out a global stocktaking of the SAI community which revealed large development needs at national, regional and global levels. The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation adopted an Action Plan for 2011 which was implemented by the Secretariat.
Key activities included:
- matching priority INTOSAI projects to available donor financing
- running a global call for proposals from the INTOSAI community
- establishing a databank of SAI capacity development projects
- exploring options for creating a global pooled fund for SAI capacity Development
- conducting a mapping of tools used to measure SAI performance
At the 4th Steering Committee meeting in Jaipur, India 24-25th February 2012, the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation approved an updated work program for 2012 which focuses on continued delivery of the 2011 priorities, and added a number of new activities to the plan. The 2012 work program and further information on the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation is available at www.idi.no (under INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation).
In addition to these work program activities, there will be work of an administrative nature and other tasks including developing a proposed work program for 2013-2015. Some international travel will be required. The position will report to the manager of the INTOSAI-Donor Secretariat.
- Experience from working in a Donor organisation and / or capacity building of Supreme Audit Institutions in developing countries is required
- Master degree or equivalent is required, in economics, law, social science, public financial management or other relevant academic disciplines
- Flexibility, commitment and good analytical skills are necessary
- Excellent command of the English language is required
- It is an advantage to have good command of other IDI international working languages (Arabic, French, Spanish)
- Applicants should have good communication and cooperation skills
The position will be based in Oslo, and be remunerated on the basis of qualifications and skills.
About the IDI:
- Located in Oslo, Norway
- An exciting, international professional organization with challenges in a wide spectre of tasks
- A good working environment with opportunities for professional and personal development
- Flexible working hours
Application and Curriculum Vitae in English should be sent to IDI, att.: Executive Officer Tracy Haslev, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or to INTOSAI Development Initiative c/o Riksrevisjonen, P.O. Box 8130 Dep, 0032 OSLO.
Application deadline: 12th April 2012. Applicants must be available for telephone interviews week commencing 16th April 2012.
For questions or further information, please contact Einar Gørrissen (e-mail email@example.com office phone +47 21 54 08 11, mobile phone +47 469 48 090), Martin Aldcroft (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org mobile phone +47 91 14 26 04) or Magnus Borge (e-mail email@example.com office phone +47 21 54 08 11, mobile phone +47 480 66 670). IDI website: www.idi.no
Note: The posts on the IMF PFM Blog should not be reported as representing the views of the IMF. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy.