IMF East AFRITAC Urgently Seeking a PFM Advisor
Posted by East AFRITAC
The IMF East Africa Regional Technical Assistance Center - East AFRITAC, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, is urgently seeking a third Public Financial Management Advisor with experience in budget formulation, including medium-term fiscal and expenditure frameworks, and program budgeting. The position will be for a minimum of one year and up to a maximum of three to four years.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, in multiple countries, and with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage the work of short-term PFM experts.
- Willingness to travel significantly as part of the assignment.
- Ability to maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities and donors, and to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- A University degree or equivalent (at least at master’s level) in a relevant subject, ideally in economics or accounting.
- Proficiency in English and strong oral and written communication skills (including electronic media).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Knowledge of the region will be a particular advantage. Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum 10 years of practical experience in a senior line or advisory position within a ministry of finance, or a related budgetary institution. Experience in organizing and conducting workshops and practical training programs would be desirable.
Applications should be submitted online at www.imf.org/jobs by making explicit reference to Job No. 1000620 by September 5, 2010.
The IMF is an equal opportunities employer with operational policies in both cultural diversity and gender.
Note: The posts on the IMF PFM Blog should not be reported as representing the views of the IMF. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or IMF policy.